May 31, 2014

My Apologies + Piceaser

Hey everyone!

Yes, I'm alive. I want to apologize for being MIA the last couple of months. I've been juggling so much stuff that I barely had time to sit down and write. Chapter 9 was one of the chapters that were completely lost when my desktop died, so I had to rewrite the whole thing almost from scratch. I did have the original draft, so that was something. Still, there were stuff in the original one that I didn't like and decided to change them.

But that's not the reason why I haven't updated. The truth is that I have been so busy between studying for my TOEFL, making graphics for a fandom event that never happened (Fandom4UniTap), and making the winners banners for the Fanatic Fanfics Awards (121 of them, yikes!)  that I barely had time to breathe. Then, I find out FicTease is closing, and I lost what I had written of Chapter 9 due to a power outage. *sighs* April and May weren't kind to me at all.

The last thing that kept me away were the events in Chile.


I don't know how many of you are aware, but there was a major earthquake back in April, the epicentre was Iquique, a small community on the north of Chile, and there was a huge fire that consumed most of Valparaiso. Then there were several earthquakes and aftershocks in Nicaragua, and since I had family and friends in both countries, a few of us decided to get together and create a fandom fundraiser to help these people. That's how The Fandom Gives was born. If you wanna know more about this amazing cause, please click HERE.

BUT.... things are looking up. Chapter 9 is ready, in spite of me having to rewrite half of it again. This coming week at work is going to be crazy busy, I've been spending some time this past weeks getting the next few chapters ready to post, which is why it's taken a little longer than I'd like to update. This (hopefully) means I'll be able to maintain a steady posting schedule at least through the next three chapters, and avoid you all wanting to kill me.

In the meantime, here's the picteaser to tie you up until the update tomorrow night.



I'm not sure when I'll be able to post Chapter 10 yet, but I promise it'll be sometime this month. I SWEAR!

Hope you are all well and had a wonderful day. Until next time,