Jul 3, 2012

TEASER: To Thine Own Self Be True


I know I haven't updated To Thine Own Self Be True in a while, but I've been busy with my mid-term and I can't seem to get into the mood to write the next chapters, which are interlaced and deals with what triggers the Prologue. BUT! Here's a teaser for the next chapter, which will be pretty angsty... :S

Let me know what you think! *runs and hides*



Edward saw that Jasper’s front door was wide open. He was about to knock on the door frame and announce his presence when he heard someone he never expected to hear.

Was that… Rosalie? What is she doing here?

Edward quietly walked into the apartment and saw his soon-to-be ex-wife smiling and conversing with Jasper.

A bunch of scenarios ran through his head, but he was pulled out of his thoughts by Jasper.

“Nothing happened that day; your husband was far too gentlemanly actually.”

Edward cringed at the comment, remembering what happened last Saturday. He didn’t understand what was going on and much less why Jasper was talking about that with Rosalie.

“Do you honestly expect me to believe that? I have known all this time about your crush for my husband, Jazz. I just never thought he would be stupid enough to fall for your charms.”

Edward watched as Rosalie opened her purse and pulled out a thick manila envelope. She tossed it to Jasper, who caught it easily.

“That’s one hundred thousand dollars for your services.”

Services? What services?

“Thanks to you, I now have evidence of Edward’s cheating and a fabulous cause to divorce him while still keeping half of his fortune.”

Rosalie clapped twice. “Bravo, Mr. Whitlock, bravo.”